The obvious answer is because they are free and because you actually, theoretically, have a chance to win a lot of money. However, the nuances of these offers are usually a little more diffuse than that. Yes, you get a unique chance to experience some of the industry’s coolest slots, but usually, free spins come with some counterclaims from the casino games. We will tell you more about this later. At the moment, it is enough to state that nothing is completely free. In other words, you need some valid reasons to play with these bonuses. Fortunately, there are many benefits to using free spins:
- Play for free: As we have already mentioned, this is one of the main reasons why you should make sure to take advantage of these offers. When you play with a free spins bonus, you can enjoy slots without having to spend your own money.
- Discover new games: The best free spins bonuses give you the opportunity to try something new without risk. For example, if you get 10 free spins on a slot you have never played before, you can try the game for free. Whether you like it or not, it has at least cost you nothing to find out.
- No risk: We should be clear in pointing out that, after all, there may be some risks involved. If you need to play through the wagering requirement up to a certain amount to be able to withdraw your winnings, you risk losing your own money. However, this is something you would probably do regardless. But the fact is that you do not have to play through the wagering requirement if you do not want to. If you choose not to do this, you will lose the bonus, but you still have a choice. This way you can check the amount you risk.
- Win real money: With free spins, it is possible to win cash prizes. Whether you need to play through the wagering requirement or not does matter. The truth is that free spins can result in real winnings under the right conditions.
Types of free spins
Although free spins may be a relatively simple thing to understand, not all bonuses look exactly the same. When looking for an offer, there are certain nuances that you need to be aware of. There are some examples of different types of free spins that you can find at some of our recommended casinos.
- Free spins without deposit: This is a bonus that does not require a deposit. The bonus is credited as soon as you have registered. Once you’ve done that, the free spins are yours. This is simply due to the strict regulations for casino bonuses that were introduced in connection with the new gaming law.
- Free spins in welcome bonuses: Free spins are usually already included in the welcome bonus if the casino offers this type of bonus. The design of the welcome bonuses can, of course, vary somewhat from casino to casino. The bonus usually consists of either free spins or extra money, but can also be a combination of these.
- Free spins in promotions: There are some casinos that offer free spins as an extra alternative to the regular welcome offer. However, these are usually valid for a limited period of time and are only aimed at new customers.
- Free spins with no wagering requirements: Turnover-free spins are one of the hottest trends in new casinos right now and, it’s not hard to understand why. This type of free spin is not covered by any wagering requirement, which in practice means that you can withdraw your winnings immediately!